Sunday, October 9, 2016

Journal # 2 – Digg Reader and Twitter


Journal # 2 – Digg Reader

I joined an affinity group called Mathematics and Multimedia. The way I found this group was just searching mathematics on the dig user platform. I looked at several groups before I found this one but I saw the name and was drawn to it because these are both topics I am interested in. I started looking at the pages and links that were in the group and it turns out that this was really a website.  I had never thought to search for this type of information before but just by searching Mathematics on Digg Reader I found that I can find some useful tools that I can use in my classroom. I had an overall good experience with Digg Reader and also joined a few other groups for my personal interest, such as skateboarding and Lewis Carroll.

Question 1:
Why use Digg Reader?

Answer 1:
I think Digg Reader is a good place to start looking up topics you may not be familiar. Using Digg Reader you can search a topic and it will return site and an abstract of an article that is connected to a website, blog, or some other source. Digg reader is good place to start looking up what information is available and can also help you discover new topics you may not have thought of before.

Question 2:
How can twitter be helpful for a teacher?

Answer 2:
Twitter can be a great resource for teachers. Teachers can create accounts that are private and can pick to allow students to follow so you can know who is on the account. Through Twitter you can post reminds about upcoming assignments or school events. Teachers can pose questions for students to think about prior to class so that when they come to class they have had time to formulate good answers and questions. Now there are other resources other than Twitter that can be used to do the same functions but as Twitter is something many students are familiar with it would reduce the amount of time a teacher would have to spend showing the students how to use. Now, I have only mentioned a few benefits but here is a link to a site with more; Click to go to link. Also, let me note with much of technology there are also many pitfalls to using Twitter and they should be thought of before using this as a source.

No comments:

Post a Comment